The Office of Student Success
- All students understand how to make intentional decisions to reach their academic goals, know how to connect to networks of resources for support and opportunity, and are empowered to exercise agency in their thriving at the university.
- To advance a university-wide culture of holistic student thriving, the Office of Student Success will develop and promote best practices in student success and advising, drive data-informed decision-making processes, and provide meaningful outreach to students that are both responsive and proactive.
What we do
- The Office of Student Success supports students in thriving at DU by working with partners across campus in several areas, including:
- Best practices and support for retention, persistence, graduation
- Academic advising, including the faculty advising model
- Proactive and timely student outreach
- Technology systems and data analytics
- Initiatives that support students
Advising technology resources
- Faculty and Staff: Are you looking for information about advising and registration? Please log into the MyDU Portal for Advising Tools and Resources and for Advisor Training and Onboarding.
Advisors Play a Key Role in Student Success
The mission of the Academic Advising Office is to create an inclusive environment that empowers undergraduate students to successfully transition into college, take ownership over their education, pursue academic interests, engage in learning, and develop a comprehensive network of resources to persist to graduation.
The Academic Advising partnership between faculty and professional advisors creates a seamless experience for students. Faculty Advisors mentor students through the curriculum, course selection, their academic experience in their selected field and they refer students to appropriate campus resources to meet their academic goals. Professional Advisors work with students on degree planning outside of the major, understanding of academic policies and processes, academic development, empowerment, and support, and strength-based skill-building.