Resources & Forms


  • Add/Drop Course

    Students should visit the Registrar's website for add/drop deadlines. The Add/Drop period is Week 1 of the quarter.

    • Any courses dropped after week 1 will result in a W on a transcript. Students can only add classes after Week 1 with instructor approval on an Add/Drop Form
    • In Weeks 1-6, students can drop courses via MyDU.
    • Dropping a course after week 6 requires an instructor's signature on an Add/Drop Form.
    • Students wanting to add or drop classes after week 8 must go through the Academic Exceptions process.
  • Advising Meeting Feedback Survey

    Please help us to improve the quality of academic advising by completing this survey about your advising meeting (appointments or drop-ins). 

    Thank you in advance for your help. We will read your comments carefully, consider them seriously, and make an earnest attempt to improve.

  • Concurrent Degree

    Students interested in completing two bachelor's degrees concurrently (eg. BA and BSBA) should visit an advisor in our office prior to completing the Concurrent Degree Form (found on the Registrar's Forms page) to understand the necessary requirements. This form must be signed by major advisors and returned to the Registrar's Office on the Garden Level of University Hall.

  • Course Substitution/Waiver

    Students wanting to substitute or waive a course must fill out the Course Substitution or Waiver Form (found on the Registrar's Forms page) with approval from the dean, faculty member, or advisor. Forms should be returned to the Registrar's Office on the Garden Level of University Hall.

  • Credit Overload

    Students registering for 20 or 21 credit hours in one quarter need to submit a credit overload form. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for approval. Students should be aware that any credits above 18 result in additional tuition charges. Contact the Bursar's Office for information about tuition and fees.

  • Declare or Change Major/Degree

    To change or declare a major/minor/degree type, students will need to complete the Application to Declare or Change Undergraduate Degree/Major/Minor form (found on the Registrar's Forms page). If students are updating their major or degree, they will need to receive a signature from the departmental contact. No signature is required to update minors. Once completed, students need to submit their completed form to the Office of the Registrar in University Hall.

    Note: Students must have a declared major by the time they have earned 75 credits.

  • Graduate Level Courses for Undergrad Students

    Students in good academic standing can seek permission to take a graduate-level course (4000-4999) as an undergraduate. Signatures from the instructor, chairperson, Academic Advising office, and dean's office must be obtained on the request for the Graduate Course as Part of the Undergraduate Degree form (found on the Registrar's Forms page) before it is returned to the Registrar's Office on the Garden Level in University Hall.

  • Re-Entry

    Students returning from a CONDUCT SUSPENSION must also complete a Reentry from Conduct Suspension Form.

    Students returning from an ACADEMIC SUSPENSION must fill out a Reentry from Academic Suspension Form

    All other students should email Michelle Hanson or in the Office of the Registrar for further assistance.

  • Transfer Course Approval

    If you are seeking approval for courses to transfer to DU, either before or after completion, please view the Registrar's page on Course Equivalencies & Approvals.

    Please view the informational video on How to Submit a Coursework Approval Request for Transfer Course Evaluation

  • Withdrawal from DU

    Please reference the Withdraw Checklist to insure that you understand the ramifications of withdrawing from the University of Denver for the term.

    Students wishing to withdraw from ALL classes should submit an Request to Withdraw from DU through Students should use this form even if they are not registered. Students can find the form in the Student tab of PioneerWeb under the Advising & Registration Tools Box in the upper center part of the page.


Student Advising Resources