Claire Michele Moravec
Claire Moravec serves as the State of Illinois' first Deputy Director of Homeland Security. She is a detail-oriented Public Safety Operations Executive with a demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence. As a career intelligence professional and founding member of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Social Media Exploitation team, Claire was a leader among her peers at the FBI, driving tactical operations against bad actors weaponizing digital and social, as well as virtual and augmented reality technologies through counterpropaganda, mis-, dis-, and malinformation. In 2017 Claire earned the FBI’s Medal of Excellence in recognition of her work supporting the FBI’s National Covert Operations Section. Following government service, Claire served as the Senior Leader overseeing Snapchat’s (NYSE: SNAP) Trust & Safety Operations Team and the Senior Ops Executive at a threat-intelligence technology startup. In addition to holding Adjunct positions, teaching Undergraduate courses in criminal psychopathology and Graduate courses in clinical social work, Claire serves as a Mentor at Girl Security. Girl Security is a nonprofit on a mission to drive change in national security by preparing girls, women, and gender minorities for jobs through transitional and relationship-based programming, starting in high school. Claire is a graduate of Columbia University in the City of New York, holding a Master of Science in Clinical Social Work. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminology and a Bachelor of Social Work from Loyola University Chicago.
- BS, Criminology, Loyola University Chicago
- BSW, Social Work, Loyola University Chicago
- Certificate, Leadership Principles, Harvard University
- MSW, Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice, Columbia University in The City of New York
(2016). Individuals at Risk for Suicide: Mental Health Clinicians' Perspectives on Barriers to and Facilitators of Treatment Engagement. Crisis: Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention , 38(3), pp. 158-167..
- Medal of Excellence, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Citations for Special Achievement, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Finalist, Presidential Management Fellowship
- Joint-Terrorism Task Force Commendations, Federal Bureau of Investigation