Phi Beta Kappa
Chartered in November 1940, the University of Denver chapter, Gamma of Colorado, recognizes, encourages, and connects scholars in the liberal arts and sciences at and beyond the University of Denver.
More than an on-paper accolade, election to ΦBK signifies excellence to classmates, colleagues, graduate schools, funders, and employers--affirming that you have a breadth and depth of knowledge, the ability to think critically, and the passion to learn continuously.
- 2023-24 events are being organized! Check our Events page for upcoming opportunities.
- #PBKudos to our newly elected and initiated students! List is on our Membership page; invitation and acceptance instructions have been emailed to all.
Beyond a certificate to new members, the Chapter does not provide or sell PBK membership merchandise, such as keys or honor cords. Members can purchase directly from www.pbkkey.com.
Members are welcome to wear PBK honor items at DU graduation or other events. Review information on upcoming ceremonies at www.du.edu/commencement.
Member Service opportunities
Share and build your skills, while supporting the Chapter! We're seeking members to serve in one or more ways this year:
- on the Committee on Members in Course (CoMiC), which reviews records and recommends undergrads for membership (busiest in April)
- on the Honorary Members Committee, which recommends worthy faculty members based on their scholarship (busiest in April)
- as our social media coordinator --we'd love a (student?!) member to take lead on documenting and sharing events and opportunities through our social media presence.
For more information or with interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phi Beta Kappa is the nation's most prestigious academic honor society. ΦBK has recognized, encouraged, and connected scholars in the liberal arts and sciences since 1776.