How to Apply
Learn How to Apply
The CWC Leadership Scholars Program welcomes undergraduates with a desire to join our community and work as change leaders. While the CWC Leadership Scholars Program has a particular focus on fostering women's leadership, the program is open to and welcoming of all genders. We encourage first-generation college students, students from historically underrepresented communities, and those who demonstrate unmet financial need to apply to the program. All applicants must be entering their first year as a DU undergraduate student for the 2023-2024 academic year to be eligible for the program.
Ready to Apply?Apply Now
What you’ll need to apply
Please gather the following materials to complete your application:
- Resume or description of community involvement
- Letter of Recommendation from a Teacher or Mentor
Required Essays Questions
Applicants are required to complete four required essay questions. Each essay should be 250-500 words.
1) Why are you interested in becoming a CWC Leadership Scholar? How do you think being a CWC Leadership Scholar will assist you in developing as a leader?
2) There are many definitions of leadership. Describe what leadership means to you. Please, share an example of when you demonstrated leadership.
3) Please describe a problem or social issue that you see facing those who identify as women. Tell us about the problem-solving skills or strategies you might use to address this problem/issue.
4) Our CWC Leadership Scholars represent diverse backgrounds, and this is part of the strength of our program. What are the important identities that shape who you are? How so? (for example, your race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, geographical location, religion, ability status, sexuality, gender identity, history of homelessness, and more).
How is this similar to other programs?
There are many programs at the University of Denver that provide support and learning. We encourage applicants to CWC Leadership Scholars to also consider applying to Living & Learning Communities, PLP, and Puksta. However, due to the similarities of these programs, if you are accepted to more than one program, you will only be able to participate in one of the programs.
Ready to get started?
The application for the 2023-2024 cohort can be found here. If you have any questions, please reach out to Program Coordinator, Mitra Chamanbahar, at Mitra.Chamanbahar@du.edu. Thank you for your interest in the CWC Leadership Scholars program!